The house of FENDI was established by Adele and Edoardo Fendi in Rome in 1925. The opening of the first FENDI boutique – a handbag shop and fur workshop followed. Soon winning international acclaim, FENDI emerged as a brand renowned for its elegance, craftsmanship, innovation and style. The collaboration with the late Karl Lagerfeld began back in 1965 and in 1992 Silvia Venturini Fendi seconded him in the creative direction. In 1994 she was given responsibility of leather goods accessories and then the direction of the kidswear and menswear lines. In 2000 the LVMH Group acquired FENDI becoming in 2001 its majority shareholder. Today FENDI is synonymous with quality, tradition, experimentation and creativity.